Wednesday, July 25, 2012

My First Other Half

Typically, people refer to their spouse as their other half. But long before Josh was around, I had already found my other half.
Now, don't get me wrong. Josh is the absolute perfect husband for me and there is absolutely no one better! But who I am today is in large part due to Lucy.

I was always a pretty shy little girl (ok, very shy-clinging to my mother's pant leg and refusing to talk to strangers until the age of oh, 9?). Then freshman year of high school a miracle happened. We found out that there was going to be a new girl in our seminary class from Japan. Imagine everyone's surprise when Lucy walked in-fair skinned and blonde haired-not quite what I was expecting. According to Lucy's memory, she followed me to the bathroom every morning after seminary until we became friends.
I had never had a friend like this before though. We literally did everything together and never got sick of being around each other. She helped me come out of my shell and become more comfortable with myself, probably because in part I knew she accepted me for who I really was. High school can be a pretty turbulent time, but I was blessed with an incredible best friend to help me through it. 


She makes hilarious faces.

She does hilarious things. 




Great dancer. (obviously). 

Beautiful!

This is in TX after she moved away from me :(

We basically owned BYU. or thought we did, anyway.

We like church and General Conference. 




 We like to feed each other. 
We like to work out. 

 
We like to explore new places.  
8.5 years later, Lucy is still my best friend. We have survived through lots of things that normally can cause people to drift apart--her move to Texas right before our senior year, multiple break ups and heartaches with bf's, a transition to college, her study abroad in Japan, my marriage, and her mission. But alas! She got home from her mission last week and I am happy to report, while everything has changed in life, nothing has changed between us. And that, my dear blog readers, is true friendship! 

I got to see her right off the plane!! 
So happy to be together again.
I thought I would dedicate a post to my truest, closest, longest, and absolute best {girl} friend. She's amazing!

2 comments:

  1. Love it! I love how you guys have stayed such good friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are the cutest best friends in the world. I loved this post!

    ReplyDelete