Sunday, July 29, 2012

Mississippi!

The last leg of our journey to Mississippi was through Texas.
Had to stop for BBQ...delicious. Frank also loves BBQ ribs. Shocker!

We got to meet Baby Tate! The smallest baby I have ever held. Can't you tell Josh wants one of his very own? 

This was our first adventure since we've been here...a trip to the Baton Rouge Temple! It felt wonderful to be in civilization again. 

Our friend Chelsea has been here this summer, too, but left us for Idaho this week. I was so grateful to have her here and will miss her!!

We have had more critters in our house this summer than I have had in other houses my whole life. This was the second little gecko I found in the house. Although it's cute and tiny, I still don't want it living inside with me. 

There is a reservoir about an hour away that we went to explore yesterday. It was a nice break from the heat and now we want a boat....


legless goose!

And now I will be watching the Olympics for 2 weeks. OBSESSED. 



1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you mean about little critters (like that gecko) being cute but not wanting them in your home. I feel the same way about tiny tree frogs and lady bugs. I've also lived in four houses that had at least one slug come inside... except they aren't cute at all and leave a slime trail so I guess it isn't relevant to what we are talking about. :)

    The Brayn of Chalayn

    P.S. I'm doing a Firmoo sunglasses giveaway! Feel free to enter. :)

    ReplyDelete