We show up at the airport to pick Lauren up and I get out to hug her, when she says, "I ran into an old friend we both know from college at the airport," then she yells across the street, "hey, do you want a ride?" At this point, I think it's a little strange that she would offer this person a ride without checking with me first, but I figure it's fine. Then I look across the street, and it's my beloved LUCY! Those rascals planned her surprise visit without me even having an inkling of an idea about it!
Still in shock! I was pretty much speechless.
It was a very busy weekend!
- Oak Alley Plantation
- Coop's Place for lunch: fried crawfish, gumbo, jambalaya, shrimp creole, duck quesadilla
- Jackson Square and Bourbon Street
- Swamp Tour, complete with gators, bugs, and wild hogs
- Fried Alligator and Catfish Po' Boy for lunch
- Trolley and Garden District
- Softshell crab and oysters for dinner
- City Park
- Paddle Boating
- Saying good-bye :(
Overall, I loved New Orleans! It's very unique and there's a lot to do. I'm sure this won't be the last time we make a trip down there...