Tuesday, July 30, 2013

New Orleans!

Josh and I have never been to New Orleans before, and neither had my friend Lauren. So, we decided what better way to spend a summer weekend than meeting up in this crazy city and exploring it together! Plane ticket was booked, hotel was booked, swamp tour was reserved, we were ready to go.

We show up at the airport to pick Lauren up and I get out to hug her, when she says, "I ran into an old friend we both know from college at the airport," then she yells across the street, "hey, do you want a ride?" At this point, I think it's a little strange that she would offer this person a ride without checking with me first, but I figure it's fine. Then I look across the street, and it's my beloved LUCY! Those rascals planned her surprise visit without me even having an inkling of an idea about it!
Still in shock! I was pretty much speechless. 


It was so fabulous to be with the girls again. We had lots of fun at BYU together, and now that we are spread out across the country, it was so good to reconnect! This definitely needs to be a regular event.

It was a very busy weekend!

Day One:

  • Beignets


  • Oak Alley Plantation



  • Coop's Place for lunch: fried crawfish, gumbo, jambalaya, shrimp creole, duck quesadilla



  • Jackson Square and Bourbon Street




Day Two:
  • Swamp Tour, complete with gators, bugs, and wild hogs


  • Fried Alligator and Catfish Po' Boy for lunch

  • Trolley and Garden District  


  • Softshell crab and oysters for dinner



Day Three:
  • City Park



  •  Paddle Boating 


  • Saying good-bye  :(




Overall, I loved New Orleans! It's very unique and there's a lot to do. I'm sure this won't be the last time we make a trip down there...






2 comments:

  1. So fun! Although... that spider is absolutely disgusting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! What a fun surprise! And what a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete